5 of the best January walks in Hampshire
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years in this month.
January 2019 issue
The border village of Kingsclere. Surrounded by a network of footpaths and bridleways, making it a perfect base for a walking break, set off from here to explore the North Hampshire Downs.
Rockford and Ibsley
January 2018 issue
Explore the western edge of the New Forest, setting from Rockford Common and heading over to Ibsley Common.
- 1 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 7 places for the perfect picnic in Dorset
- 4 Cornish Legends: The Mermaid of Zennor
- 5 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 6 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 7 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 8 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 9 Blossom varieties to spot while out walking this spring
- 10 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
January 2017 issue
Experience the grandeur of Rotherfield Park and the great open spaces of the South Downs National Park.
January 2016 issue
Another walk exploring the North Hampshire Downs, starting out on woodland trackes before taking in a small section of the the 70-mile long Wayfarer's Walk.
January 2015 issue
Hampshire's largest freshwater lake covers 52 acres, this walk walk circles counter-clockwise around the pond, with a longer version heading southwards to cross the Basingstoke Canal.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change.