5 of the best November walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years during November. NOTE: Safeguarding against the coronavirus is likley to be a part of everyday life for the forseeable future. We advise that two metres social distancing and checking the latest guidelines are the best course of action.
November 2019 issue
Beginning and ending on a high, this fabulous walk initially descends to Cromford, following a section of the High Peak Trail, then traces an exploratory route of paths and alleyways into the heart of this historic village.
November 2018 issue
This walk offers a dance with the Dove and a meander by the Manifold, whilst along the way passing a church, castle remains, country houses and a hollow way.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 3 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 4 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 5 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
Darley Dale and Oaker Hill
November 2017 issue
From manicured park to the high point of Oaker Hill, this walk is packed with commercial, industrial and social history, folklore and legends.
November 2016 issue
A viaduct and far-reaching views play a prominent part in this scenic ramble which begins in one of Derbyshire’s prettiest villages.
November 2015 issue
A walk south-east of Matlock to a village with outstanding views over the Derwent Valley which was the childhood home of Florence Nightingale
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change. We advise you acquire a recent OS map of the area you plan to visit and assure there are no major changes.